Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Preview

Hello All.

I just thought that this would be a nice way to keep everyone updated on what has been going on in my life recently and also through out the year. I am going to do my best to post a little bit atleast once a week and so if you are ever sitting there wondering to yourself, "I wonder what in the world that crazy girl has been up to.." you will now have a resource... if that is something you are interested in.

So first of all to catch up...

This is my Junior year in college. I have decided to finish up my last 2 years here at Linfield rather than transfering after all. I did attend several classes at SOU last winter and made the trip down to New Mexico State to check out their programs but in the end I am finally content and happy to be stay where I already was. SOU was too familar and New Mexico was too foreign being only half an hour from the border and I just plain missed the color green after only 3 days. SOU is however the right school for Cory who graduated this last June and has since been accepted to the honors program for pre-pharmacy this coming fall. He is all registered with 17 credits for his first semester featuring biology and chemistry! He has a full load ahead of him, but I know he is going to do wonderfully!


This summer has been full of searching for a job but only coming up with work, atleast I have managed to pay the deposit and first months rent on my house and still have some money in the bank. I have just been saving from working for my family and friends and whomever else will offer me a couple dollars to weed their yard or vaccum their living room. It's been good though, lots of variety and I got to work for people i enjoyed being around.



Also I have successfully come off my injury and am back to running most days of the week and workouts and even a couple of races this summer! The injury came down to tendonosis in the arch of my left foot, a tear in the sheath around the muscle belly of that tendon (the posterior tibialis tendon), and some kind of stress reaction within my left shin bone. After 2 months of strictly running in the pool with my floatation belt I got to move on to another month or biking and more pool running before I got to start ever so slowly running again. I have learned that my conective tissue is not designed for too much pounding and so I get to utalize a lot more cross training and weight lifting, which I actually enjoy and really compliments all the mileage and produces a more well rounded athlete anyhow. So I am happy to make the adjustments.

Well, some things I am really excited about this coming school year and will keep you all updated on as I get more involved with are...

- Internship with the Oregon Wine Press.
- A big group of talented freshman coming out for XC.
- Our big 9 bedroom house and my 5 roommates.
- My work study job as an Anatomy Lab Teacher's Aid.
- Taking classes for my Marketing Major.

I will be posting pictures of the house as soon as I get to see it the first time when I move in Next Wednesday!! Until then try and enjoy the summer sun and the growing heat. Love!




No comments: