Sunday, October 26, 2008

This week was not too exciting. A couple of hardwork outs, a history midterm, that's really about it. Kinda a filler week. Highlights including a salmon steak brought from home to our very own kitchen thanks to a teammates father. It was so dang good! Also a chicken sausage, spinach, olive, mushroom quiche via a team effort from Frances and I. It was also quite tasty.

I still don't have my grade back from the History Mid-term that I took on Monday. I am supposed to be getting it back tomorrow though. I have been picking out my classes for the spring semester and am supposed to meet with my academic advisor on Tuesday to get my plan OKed. As of now I will likely be taking 15 credits.

- M/W/F 9:10 to 10:00 Financial Managment
- M/W/F 11:20 to 12:20 American Lit (1960 to present)
- M/W 12:25 to 1:55 Marketing
- T/TH 11:00 to 12:30 Management Process
- T/TH 8:30 to 11:00 Internship?

Hopefully that will work out. I need to talk to my internship lady about what willwork best for her. It was Holly's birthday this last week and so I got a good slice of cake at my internship last wednesday. That was nice.

Practice has been good. Just trying to sharped up for conference in Walla Walla next weekend. We don't race until noon next Saturday so the weather has been forcasted to be around 65 degrees and pouring rain!!! As long as it's not too cold the ran and the hills on the course will just take it outa those quick girls and even the playing field. YES!! We leave on Friday, which is Halloween as you all know I am sure, so the team has decided that we will all pack costumes to suprise our coaches with at dinner the night before. Frances and I are going to be nuns! I will be sure to post some pictures of the rediculousness after next weekend.

The house has been really empty this weekend. Chris went home up to Olympia to make some rent money digging clams with his dad and successfully returned with enough to make it through the rest of the school year. He had to work with the low tides to dig the clams and so he went out for a couple hours from around 9 to 12 PM and then again mid morning. Very interesting how that works... so he is also bringing back some super fresh clams and his mothers recipe for homemade clam chowder for some bread bowls tomorrow night!! I am excited to give it a try. My mom told me that fresh basil is a must for making clam chowder so we are going to give it a try. Yum Yum!!

This is the post of food apparently, man, I must be hungry or something for a mid-afternoon snack. :).

Some of the guys from home were at Western Oregon University in Monmouth for a party Friday night so I was able to drive down Saturday morning after our 7:30 AM workout and meet with them for breakfast. It was nice to see some familar faces, but it reminds me about what different directions our lives are taking us. They are very focused on very different things than I am, it's hard to relate, and I hate the idea of letting home go. BUT, i remind myself that it's not just me changing, they are changing too, so it's not so much that I am losing my connection with my past memories of home, but more so that they are not an accurate representations of the things that I have kept close. They are not the niave kids from high school that believed that they would be something... they are now near-sighted and disillusioned and believe that they are just without direction or control of their lives. It is actually very discouraging and disheartening... I hope that something will turn them around. Maybe they just need something to reach for. Hopefully they will find something worth working for other than to get through the week, wander across a free drink, or walk into a good time. They just need something they can put themselves into, take pride and ownership in, something to be proud of and something that gives a little back.

WELL... I best get back to history homework, but I hope you all will have a good Halloween and that I might have an inbox full of costume pics when I get home from Walla Walla on Saturday night.


Happy Halloween. Miss you.

No comments: