Monday, September 29, 2008

So, I hit the big 21. It was a pretty relaxing birthday... I know, non-typical of such a momentus day. I got up and did a nice 80 min run with the girls in the sun and then Chris took me out to breakfast at this AMAZING place in town. It's called Wildwood and for $8 you can get your self a sweet little set up of a 3 egg omlette (sausage, olives, green peppers, and onions), home fried potatoes, homebaked bread, fresh raspberry jam, and a side of salsa known as a Calamity Jane. We split one and with a hot cup of coffee the day had already lived up to all that I could have wished for. I did homework for most of the day with chris and my friend Arian. Then hit the pool for a second workout before a group of 9 of us went out for a big dinner at thai country including pineapple fried rice, pad thai, curry with beef, and cashew nut chicken. Frances had also baked me a delicious carrot cake. I went to bed early so I could get up and do my workout this morning at 6:00. So nothing to exciting but my Dad will be up next weekend to take me out for my first drink. Any good suggestions? I am thinking I would like to try either an Tom Collins or if I am feeling real frisky maybe a long island iced tea? Or maybe one of those trendy mint drinks? Or one of the ba-zillion flavored martinis? Maybe I will just drink whatever my dad buys me. :)

We raced on Friday so on Saturday it was one of the girls from the team, Shanna's 19th birthday! We had a suprise birthday party for her over at our house with a big cake (pictured above) and Nelly bought her a twister board! That was SOOOO funny to see big college kids trying to play on a twister board built for 12 and under! I had to include a picture of it it was so funny!

The meet went well last weekend. There was a very small turn out. Only 20 people in each race, but Frances made a successful come back which is essential to our teams success come the end of season. I am SO EXCITED about the Willamette meet next weekend! 300 people or more in our race alone! It is going to be a big test for the team and i. The conference is looking to be very close this year with 4 teams shuffling amongst ourselves. Willamette, Whitworth, Whitman, and Linfield are all in the running for a women's team title... but we want it more!

I made my first sale at my internship today. A 3'' by 2.5'' full color placement in the november issue to The Midsummers Night Bed & Breakfast in good 'ol Ashland Oregon. I was really excited to have made one, and I have 3 other B&Bs I have been talking to that are looking like they have strong potential. My Internship Mentor was really excited for me. Again, they little things right?

My Cousin Alan and wife Shanna have 3 kids Ashlee, Robby, and Hunter. Recently Ashlee has taken up cross country and is doing really well. Finished 4th on the team at the last race! I am so excited that she has taken up running. You have to be a little crazy to give running a try and I am so proud of her for trying it and I really hope that she continues to enjoy it. It's nice to watch others be involved in something you feel really passionately about. It was so nice to see some of the recent pictures of the kids that Shanna sent to me in an email for my birthday so I thought I would share them on here too because I liked them so much! Above is a picture of Ashlee, Robby, and Hunter and below is a picture of Ashlee running in a recent mud run in Klamath Falls!

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, the cards, the emails, the calls i missed and the calls i recieved. I wish I had more time to catch up, but I can barely stay on top of my life as is. I love you all and miss you very much!

CAN'T WAIT TO POST AFTER WILLAMETTE AND LET YOU ALL KNOW JUST HOW IT GOES! Only 5 days!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I hope all the stuff made it up ok and that your new culinary skills can do something impressive with the Pesto=) Congratulations on a great run today. I hope you are excited about your finish. I vote for trying the Purple School Bus. If they look at you weird, then maybe a margarita? Not everyone knows what a purple school bus is...I don't even=) Except it's so yummy...reminds me of a pomegranite flavor a little bit. You get the glass and the shaker it's made in...so really like 3 glasses which is even better! Talk to you soon!