Sunday, September 21, 2008

We had this weekend off, so new running news other than I was voted Northwest conference athlete of the week for last week and the second week in a row, and my roommate and teammate Shawn Fisher was nominated as male athlete of the week. Here is the press release;



Women’s Cross Country – Marci Klimek (Linfield, Jr. Phoenix, Ore./Phoenix) continued her fine start to the 2008 season, winning her third consecutive competition, this time by the widest margin of 25 seconds.
Honorable Mention – Kristen Balleninger (Whitman, So.)


Men’s Cross Country - Shawn Fisher (Linfield, Jr. Boring, Ore./Barlow) finished tenth with time of 26:13.40 in a race that featured competitors from Portland State and Concordia.


Also, on Friday we have our first home meet since I have been in the program at Joe Dancer Park here in McMinnville! OSU is going to be there, so it will be interesting to run against some of the DI girls... even if they are one of the worst DI programs around. Also, Chris is scheaduled to make his season debut at the meet this Friday and is really pretty anxious to get those spikes on an do battle! I just keep hearing "I Can't Wait Til Friday!"

Classes and everything have been going good around here. We found a 7th roommate finally so that rent is down another $50 a month and re get a refund of $50 on the first months rent! It finally is starting to look like rain and cool off... just in time for the first day of fall!



For American lit we just wrapped up The Great Gatsby, which I didn't particularly enjoy, and now we are on to The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway, which is much better... more matter-of-fact and much easier to relate to. I also got to write an analysis of an Robert Frost poem (Something like a Star) which I really enjoyed. I had a presentation in Business Law on a case and got a good score as well.

I have been having fun hanging out with the team this weekend since we didn't have a meet and got a lot of homework done. I have started analyzing Nike Inc for my HUGE managerial account project which will take all semester. It has a long way to go... all this talk about inventory turnover and return on dividends... Little by little...I will figure it out.

This morning Chris and I went grocery shopping and came home and made orange zest/current/cashew/dried cherry scones and then touched them up with yogurt, fresh fruit, and granola straight from the oven... I love having my own kitchen... we are eating a million times better this year than from the cafateria. I feel much better.

I am very excited about my big 21st birthday on SUNDAY! I feel so old, and all the freshman love to tell me so. Such Brats! They think I am pretty elderly with my 10:30 bed time and my pre-race baked sweet potatoe... they just need to wait... they will be old and responsible when the freshman bliss runs out and the midterms start to settle in....



Well, I better finish up some stuff and get ready for the week. In case you don't have my address and would like to send me a letter or some chocolate chip cookies at any time I have posted it below. I was reminded that I haven't posted that info yet... so here it is.

I hope you are all well and that I will continue to recieve little updates from everyone on there doings, it's nice to feel connected to my family back home even when i'm all wrapped up in work and study and play up here.

Love and Miss you All!



Marci Klimek
Linfield College
SW Brumback St Unit #4822
McMinnville, OR 97128

No comments: